forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sjur Moshagen <sju...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:20:56 GMT
Hello,

Another "user"/lurker POV:

Den 15. aug. 2006 kl. 13.46 skrev Ross Gardler:

> I disagree. The sitemap is a way of *configuring* this complex
> processing, it is not the processing itself. The sitemap has become
> an XML programming language and I hate it for that reason.

To me, the sitemap setup/programming is clean and easy, I really like
it, irrespective of whether it is "configuring" or "programming".

One other place where I think Forrest is using Cocoon is i18n. This
is one of Forrest's weaker points - it is hard to set up, and there's
really no comprehensive documentation (despite several efforts by a
number of people). Cocoon provides a set of tools to set up i18n, and
I find i18n in Cocoon to be easier to use than in Forrest, despite it
being based on Cocoon.

Implementing proper i18n needs to be a requirement of the new Forrest
- whether this is an argument for the present Cocoon-based solution
or in favour of a new engine is beyond me:-)

Sjur