forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:00:41 GMT
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> I don't like the thought of loosing Cocoon, I don't mind the "bloat",
> and I can do what I need to using mainly XML. If everything turned  Java
> as a prerequisite for doing more complex things than writing XML
> documents, as was suggested in earlier posts in this thread (IIUC),
> that would probably be my goodbye to Forrest.

Yeah, I think it has become very clear that losing Cocoon completely
would be a bad move.

Do you think a lightweight Forrest core that allowed Cocoon to be used
as *one* way of implmenting a plugin would be viable for you?

---

At the same time, we need to make sure that we convert users who have
greater needs than XML/XSLT transformations into devs. That is what I am
  trying to facilitate in this RT. Of course, we cannot forsake our
XML/XSLT users.

Ross