forrest-dev mailing list archives

From CFAS Webmaster <webmas...@cfas.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:13:54 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I'd suggest that the thing to do is ensure that we support the building
>> of simple websites quickly in order to quickly support what I suspect is
>> the vast majority of our users.
>>
> Why would such people be using Forrest? If they only
> want simple websites, then there are plenty of other
> tools out there.
>
> -David

Speaking for myself, as a user of Forrest for just such a purpose, I can
say that it fits my needs rather well.  I wanted an easy-to-use
application that accepts many different formats and produces a nicely
skinned website.  In particular, I wanted something that was
open-source, not specific to Windows and would be something that could
be used by my eventual successor without extensive training to keep the
current format.

While Forrest does not match perfectly, it is the best fit for my needs
that I've been able to find.  I won't offer an opinion on the RT yet as
I'm still thinking.

I look forward to the evolution of this RT.  Thanks!
-Paul