forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r430032 - in /forrest/trunk: plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/ plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/resources/stylesheets/ site-author/
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:19:42 GMT
le 09/08/2006 15:45 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>> So, I revert my commit to be able to make a release of projectInfo ?
> As Thorsten points out there are other commits that have used unstable
> stuff prior to yours. So lets decide what to do...
> The options I see are:
> 1) make the XML properties thing a part of the 0.8 roadmap (will o.8
> ever be released? Is the implementation of the new properties stable
> enough?)
I understand, that's a problem...
> 2) make a release of the plugin against 0.8 at a point before before
> Thorstens SVN log, then up the minimum required Forrest for this
> plugin to 0.9
It's a little complex : it seems that thorsten has started his work with
the r413182.
But you - Ross - have made some updates, as well as David, inbetween to
correct something with the Use Cases or with DOAP...

So, either we accept the first solution or we put comments in the code -
such as Ross has done in the file...

Anyway, I think I am going to revert my commit tomorrow. (giving devs
time to react ;-) )

> Since I have no time for either I don't have a prefence, whichever is
> easier for those who need this stuff. I'm only tying to avoid the mess
> I made when I made changes to this plugin that were not compatible
> with 0.7 before I made a release for 0.7
>> (And I will  re-commit latter.)
> Of course, your changes are great. Unfortunately they have highlighted
> a problem with our lack of process for managing plugin lifecycles.
> Ross

View raw message