forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r430032 - in /forrest/trunk: plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/ plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/resources/stylesheets/ site-author/
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:45:28 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> So, I revert my commit to be able to make a release of projectInfo ?

As Thorsten points out there are other commits that have used unstable
stuff prior to yours. So lets decide what to do...

The options I see are:

1) make the XML properties thing a part of the 0.8 roadmap (will o.8
ever be released? Is the implementation of the new properties stable
enough?)

2) make a release of the plugin against 0.8 at a point before before
Thorstens SVN log, then up the minimum required Forrest for this plugin
to 0.9

Since I have no time for either I don't have a prefence, whichever is
easier for those who need this stuff. I'm only tying to avoid the mess I
made when I made changes to this plugin that were not compatible with
0.7 before I made a release for 0.7

> (And I will  re-commit latter.)

Of course, your changes are great. Unfortunately they have highlighted a
problem with our lack of process for managing plugin lifecycles.

Ross