forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Problems with forrest.properties.xml
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 07:12:57 GMT
le 02/08/2006 22:56 Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
> El mié, 02-08-2006 a las 17:18 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
>
>> le 02/08/2006 14:50 Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> can somebody explain me what I am doing wrong?

>>> I do not understand why {projectInfo.changes.includeCommitterList} is
>>> working and not {project:projectInfo.svn.ext}.
>>>
>>> Does somebody has a tip?
>>>

>> The only difference I can see is that
>> projectInfo.changes.includeCommitterList is aslo defined in the
>> default.plugin.properties.xml
>>
>> Cyriaque,
>>
>>> TIA
>>>

> Wow, Cyriaque, thank you very much. Well spotted.
>
> I only defined it for the projectInfo (on a project base), but not in
> default (if no project base can be found). Meaning as long a project has
> this property it is working fine.
>
> As soon a project does not provide this property and it is not added to
> the default.plugin.properties.xml the input module is throwing an
> exception. I tested on a new seed and not the plugin that is why never
> have seen it working till now where I tried again it on the projectInfo
> plugin.
>
> I added the property to the project forrest.properties.xml and it was
> working fine. As soon I removed it from there I got my error (after a
> restart). Then I added it to the default.plugin.properties.xml and it
> was working after a restart.
>
> Maybe we should change the module the way, that if a property can not
> found it should return "".
>
> wdyt?

I don't like this because - in your case - you have forgotten to define
a default value and then it does not work. The behaviour is clear.
If you return "", then it may work where as it shouldn't because you
should have defined a specific default value.
(I don't know if I am clear enough, I am a little tired today ;-) )

Cyriaque,