forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: minimal forrest.properties (Was: r428188: main/fresh-site/ main/template-sites/basic/ ...)
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 00:24:20 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> thorsten@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Author: thorsten
>>Date: Wed Aug  2 16:29:56 2006
>>New Revision: 428188

>>Log:
>>FOR-799 - remove all references from the core to the dispatcher
>>I removed all properties related to the dispatcher (or former versions) from the core.
>>This includes cleaning
>> - basic (further switched to a minimal config) and fresh-site seed forrest.properties
>

> I previously tried to trim down the templates/basic/forrest.properties

What Thorsten has done is migrate the dispatcher to use the new
forrest.properties.xml file. This provides a number of facilities that
are not avilable in the old forrest.properties file.

Most importantly it means properties can be added to the plugin without
changing forrest.xconf in core.

I'm not sure why you were asked to revert your previous commits, I can't
recall the situation. Do they apply in this new case?

Should the dispatcher move the properties from forrest.properties to
forrest.properties.xml?

Ross