forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Crossley (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (FOR-448) Faulty treatment of a-Elements in html-pipeline
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:48:22 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-448?page=all ]

David Crossley closed FOR-448.
------------------------------

    Fix Version/s: 0.8-dev
       Resolution: Fixed

Thanks for your help Jim. I fixed it in a different way. The html4 specification does talk
about @name and @href being okay as simultaneous attributes. Also i don't know why this template
was removing other attributes such as @title and @target which some people want to use. So
i simply used "xsl:copy-of" to copy all the attributes.

As you suggested, removed the automated generation of @id attributes from @name attributes.
The html4 spec indicates that this can lead to invalid IDs. Doing some research into the history
of html-to-document.xsl i see that this has been there since the beginning. No idea why the
original author thought that it was necessary. We can add it back if people think it necessary.

> Faulty treatment of a-Elements in html-pipeline
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FOR-448
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-448
>             Project: Forrest
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core operations
>    Affects Versions: 0.7, 0.8-dev
>         Environment: Windows XP SP2
>            Reporter: Ferdinand Soethe
>             Fix For: 0.8-dev
>
>         Attachments: anchorerrortestfiles.zip, html-to-document.xml.diff
>
>
> After noticing that anchor elements in html-files got lost in the Forrest default pipeline,
I did some test with a sample document (before and after are included) and found that named
anchors either get completely lost or messed up pretty bad. Even text within them is sometimes
lost.
> The lines refer to original and translated file.
> Original     Translated   Looks   Function
>   line          line
> ------------------------------------------
>    16            157       ok       gone     
>    <a> element is completely lost
>    
>    
>    22            162       bad       ok      
>    
>    there are now 2 <a> elements
>    <a name="anchor2"></a>Anchor 2<a href="#anchor1">Anchor 2</a>
>    and unfortunately twice the text!
>    
>    29            166       ok       gone
>    <a> element is completely lost
>    
>    35            171       bad      gone
>    <a> element and text within it is completely lost!
>    
>    42            176       ok       gone 
>    <a> element is completely lost
>    
>    49            181       ok       gone
>    <a> element is completely lost  

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message