forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: level of detail for docs (Was: svn commit: r437136)
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:13:45 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

> Exactly that, if there are those that wander across my minitutorials.com
> Site, expecially the Apache web server installation tutorials, you would
> Notice my style of writing on there at least is aimed at beginners and
> Very detailed and very pandering I suppose in my style. I've been doing
> It so long I must remember that we don't have that same audience here and
> To maybe stop being so detailed perhaps.

It will be very hard for the small Forrest project to
maintain verbose documentation.

This is getting closer to my main reason for raising these
concerns. We need to focus on Forrest documentation.
We also need to concentrate on our target audience. We decided
that Forrest is still in the stage of trying to attract
developers rather than beginner users (we should document
that so that newcomers like Gavin are on the same wavelength).
We said that we primarily need to get a strong developer base.
So our documentation should reflect that, and not get into
ponderous descriptions for beginners.

-David