forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:01:43 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> As I told initially, there was a bad decision to start using 2.2 too
> early.

The reason that we started using Cocoon-2.2 was that that was
where Nicola Ken managed to implement the "pass-through"
sitemap ability. At the time that could not be applied to
Cocoon-2.1 but i am not sure of the situation now.

> And this is the cause of all this problems. I think it is not a
> cocoon fault after all, as I told, the cocoon community gave and advise
> that was reject by forrest. It is our own "mea culpa".

I do not recall Cocoon advising us to move to 2.1

It is not that we ignore advice. One trouble is that
Forrest does not have sufficient active developers
that can help us to keep up with Cocoon's advances.

-David