forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r432954 - in /forrest/site: live-sites.html live-sites.pdf
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 03:53:15 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> Incidentally, I changed my site.xml file to read :-
>
>         <fixcrlf srcdir="${project.site-dir}" eol="unix">
>                 <include name="**/*.html"/>
>                 <include name="**/*.css"/>
>         </fixcrlf>
>       </then>
>       <else>
>         <fixcrlf srcdir="${project.site-dir}">
>                 <include name="**/*.html"/>
>                 <include name="**/*.css"/>
>         </fixcrlf>
>
> So in effect adding *.css to the FOR-492 workaround, shall I commit this do
> you think or will it need further investigation?
>
>    As with FOR-492 and problems mentioned there, my builds kept putting ^M
> (CR-LF) on every line of every CSS file causing my build & deploy to fail.

Are you sure that this is FOR-492. It seems like something else.
FOR-492 adds mixed line-edings only for processed xml comments.

If it is different, please add a new Issue. Then yes
apply the workaround, and note the new FOR-#

I keep asking for you to show us the diffs for these
processed CSS files. Is it every line changed? Which files
are changed.

> Adding the above workaround seems to have cured this and the build directory
> now has proper line endings for the CSS files (In turn therefore the work
> directory also now has correct line endings).

Yes, because this is a brute-force approach. The workaround
will work for all kinds of line-endings problems.

> No other files 'seem' to be affected at the moment, but will keep an eye out
> on my Windows system.

Are you using Cygwin?

-David