forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Site-author organization
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:36:04 GMT

Hmm, I'm not buying it at this stage, don't know why but am not liking the
word 'helper' . Maybe it'll grow on me.

Apart from that, I still don't agree with the layout. I did make some
suggestions earlier in this thread but they haven't been commented on.

In light of your new design, I'll revise mine and comment on yours.

I do like the idea of a new intro and moving the committer page.

However, I think that we can still split up these topics further.

Looking through the list of links there is very obviously areas of interest
there that are for Developers only. So, I would not want to get rid of the
developers tab.

>From your 'Helper' tab then how about removing the following and putting
them back into their own 'Developer' Tab.

Contributing - Content needs splitting up, the top two paras relate to
encouraging new users, the rest of it is surely 'dev only' material and
could be moved to the developer tab in its own page.

ForrestFriday IRC - already stated as being a Dev only exercise (atm) so
again could be moved to the 'developer' tab.

Version Control - Sounds like dev only to me (where is that anyway?)

Subversion - dev only

Committer Notes - dev only.

Browse SVN and Zone Testbed - where are these on your list, anyway dev tab.

All the rest remain on your 'Helper' tab - though will try to think of
another name, if we can't then I'll get used to it.

So summarising the above, I'm suggesting splitting the tab into two tabs,
thinking of the future where we will put lots more examples and stuff in, it
could be an idea to get an extra tab in there now.

That's it for now.

Gav...