forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Gittens <maur...@salsamarathon.nl>
Subject Re: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:45:15 GMT
Hi forrest devs,

Here's an opinion of a dev that has been lurking on this list for some time.

I much appreciate the conceptual design of forrest where a single
internal format is used as the target of input transformations and as the
source of output transformations.

However I agree with Ross that there is much unneeded
complexity involved in using Forrest relative to the functionality it
provides. I currently choose not to debug problems I encounter
in Forrest simply because this entails delving into too many seemingly
overengineered components with not much relevance to the problem
I am trying to solve.

Luckily for me, the forrest devs usually quickly fix the problems so that I
don't even have to report them. The fact remains however that I would have
enjoyed giving something back.

This is all to say that I would be happy to contribute to a cleaner
implementation of Forrest.

Kind regards,
Maurice

--