forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: svn commit: r430608 - in /forrest/site/images: ASF-us-2006-web_masthead.jpg apache_con_asia_header.png
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:39:16 GMT

Oops yes.

> However, i did expect that absolutely every generated
> html page would change due to these image changes.
> Something is wrong for you. I will try.

Ok

> > Second, it took so long to actually publish - 9 mins 13 secs that in
>
> If this is your first publish, then it needs to check out
> the full forrest/site svn to your working copy. subsequent
> publishing would be faster.

Well, the first one that said 'build succeeded' , I have tried many times.

> > The meantime David committed 430606 and 430607 which may now be
> > Overwritten (I'm not sure about that) , even though I did an svn up
> > Immediately before my publish.
> >
> > I know it is not necessary for me to do so , but want to make sure it
> > Is working at least.
>
> Pleas experiment with smaller changes.

Ok.

Another thing I noticed.

..\main\webapp\skins\pelt\css\basic.css understandably is clean from all
Line endings such as ^M

After a publish build

..\site-author\build\forrest-docs\skin\basic.css now contains ^M on every
line, including blank ones.

After a publish deploy

..\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin\basic.css is once again
Clean from all line endings, so NO ^M appear - this did not used to be the
case, but guess now that it is clean is why my build now (sort of) succeeds
because this was always the file that failed my build deploy due to
inconsistent line endings.

Still confused as to why a publish build adds them in though - and does so
To nearly (but not) all *.css files  - the appropriate line is added to
My svn config file. I wonder , what version of SVN should we be using. I am
using v1.30 for win32, should I upgrade to v1.32 ?

Gav...