forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Publish site from site-author (was : RE: svn commit:r426852...)
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 23:52:39 GMT


> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@apache.org]
> Sent: Thursday, 3 August 2006 7:37 AM
> To: dev@forrest.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Publish site from site-author (was : RE: svn
> commit:r426852...)
> 
> Gav.... wrote:
> > > From: David Crossley
> > >
> > > Do both steps again:
> > >
> > > forrest -f publish.xml build
> > > forrest -f publish.xml deploy
> > >
> > > If you still have the line-endings problem then that is
> > > some different issue.
> >
> > Not done that yet, need a genuine change to try it.
> >
> > > Try making a little change to one of the source xdocs, e.g. index.xml
> > > but no need to commit it.
> >
> > Done that.
> >
> > > Then build as normal:
> > > forrest -f publish.xml build
> >
> > Done that.
> >
> > >
> > > Then get your forrestbot's site svn up-to-date, You don't
> > > normally need to do this step:
> > > svn update work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs
> >
> > Done that, very big amount of updates and adds happened.
> 
> I presume that that would be recent changes deployed
> by Thorsten and me.
> 
> > > Then tell us the differences:
> > > diff build/forrest-docs/index.html work/svn-deploy/forrest-
> docs/index.html
> >
> > Erk,
> >
> > D:\Apache2\forrest\site-author>svn diff build\forrest-docs\index.html
> > work\svn-d
> > eploy\forrest-docs\index.html
> > svn: 'build\forrest-docs\index.html' is not a working copy
> 
> Don't use 'svn diff' but plain 'diff'.

Yes, sorry I got that, we Windows folk don't have that.
I downloaded a windows diff program here is a apparently
Unix outpt diff of those files.

293c293
<         can scale up to large projects. !!Adding an inline change here!!
---
>         can scale up to large projects.
306,310c306
< </p>
< <p>
<         Making a change. I noticed vim just moved the closing p from the 
<         paragraph above, annoying!
< </p>
---
>       </p>
313c309
< <a name="N1007E"></a><a name="Powerful"></a>
---
> <a name="N1007B"></a><a name="Powerful"></a>
362c358
< <a name="N100CA"></a><a name="Static+or+Dynamic"></a>
---
> <a name="N100C7"></a><a name="Static+or+Dynamic"></a>
386c382
< <a name="N100E2"></a><a name="History"></a>
---
> <a name="N100DF"></a><a name="History"></a>
406c402
< <a name="N100F7"></a><a name="status"></a>
---
> <a name="N100F4"></a><a name="status"></a>
436c432
< <a name="N10113"></a><a name="news"></a>
---
> <a name="N10110"></a><a name="news"></a>
468c464
< <a name="N10132"></a><a name="help"></a>
---
> <a name="N1012F"></a><a name="help"></a>

Gav...

> 
> -David
> 
> 
> --
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/406 - Release Date: 8/2/2006



Mime
View raw message