forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r430032 - in /forrest/trunk: plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/ plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo/resources/stylesheets/ site-author/
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:45:00 GMT
El mié, 09-08-2006 a las 13:29 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> cdupoirieux@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: cdupoirieux
> > Date: Wed Aug  9 03:52:50 2006
> > New Revision: 430032

> > Log:
> > FOR-812 - Remove skniconf dependency
> > Add new properties to manage the project name, Url and the rss language.
> > Add a forrest.properties.xml to site-author to set the project name and URL...
>
> -1
>
> We need to make a release of the plugin hat is compatible with 0.8
> before doing this. The new properties system is not officially included
> in the 0.8 release of Forrest.
>
> Having said that, recently the new config system has been seeing more
> people using it and it seems t work well, within certain limitations.
> Perhaps we should consider including the forrest.properties.xml in the
> 0.8 release. If this were to happen I could lift my -1 on this commit.

I am not sure. The forrest.properties.xml is in 0.8-dev, right? If not
we could not use it at all. Meaning a 0.8 release will automatically
support forrest.properties.xml.

I do not see any issue why the new properties system is not included
"officially". ...and what is the difference anyway? Like said the
0.8-dev supports it.

Further why -1 here and not on the dispatcher that as well is using the
new system.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler