forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changes with PNGs generated on different platforms
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:07:12 GMT
El vie, 04-08-2006 a las 00:49 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > David Crossley escribi??:
> > > The PNGs below were originally committed by me (OS = Mac OS X).
> > > Then recently Thorsten updated the site (OS = ???)
> >
> > Ubuntu 5.10
> >
> > > and these
> > > PNG files were changed. Then i generated the site again today
> > > and the files were changed back again.
> > >
> > > These are all generated from SVG or from ASCII Art.
> > >
> > > How can we find out what the differences are?
> >
> > We have an issue for this but I do not remember the number, do you?
>
> Sorry, i do not rememeber any such issue,

> There was a separate issue where the "xml comments"
> that were inserted by our transformers gained bad
> line endings on Windows versus Unix.

Hmm, yeah, but I they are all related.

> > Maybe best to start looking into the serializer, maybe one can configure
> > it.
>
> We are both on UNIX systems.

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@forrest.apache.org/msg01591.html and
following.

Ok, maybe one should add a svg pic like
rc-b-l-15-1body-2menu-3menu.svg
and commit it to the forrest/site. The other publishes the site again
and if there is no diff for the svg then it must be the serializer. If
they are then we may know more looking at them.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"