forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with forrest.properties.xml
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:56:48 GMT
El mié, 02-08-2006 a las 17:18 +0200, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
> le 02/08/2006 14:50 Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > can somebody explain me what I am doing wrong?
> >
> > I do not understand why {projectInfo.changes.includeCommitterList} is
> > working and not {project:projectInfo.svn.ext}.
> >
> > Does somebody has a tip?
> >
> The only difference I can see is that
> projectInfo.changes.includeCommitterList is aslo defined in the
> default.plugin.properties.xml
>
> Cyriaque,
> > TIA

Wow, Cyriaque, thank you very much. Well spotted.

I only defined it for the projectInfo (on a project base), but not in
default (if no project base can be found). Meaning as long a project has
this property it is working fine.

As soon a project does not provide this property and it is not added to
the default.plugin.properties.xml the input module is throwing an
exception. I tested on a new seed and not the plugin that is why never
have seen it working till now where I tried again it on the projectInfo
plugin.

I added the property to the project forrest.properties.xml and it was
working fine. As soon I removed it from there I got my error (after a
restart). Then I added it to the default.plugin.properties.xml and it
was working after a restart.

Maybe we should change the module the way, that if a property can not
found it should return "".

wdyt?

... or is this the bug, Ross?

Further I do not like that the properties cannot be changed in run time
(I guess caching?). The biggest benefit from a xml based properties
system is that you change the properties with a form and after reload
you see the new properties.

How can we change this or better ask should we change it?

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"