forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: [RT] A new Forrest implementation?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:16:57 GMT

And this has been why my navigation/tabs suggestions have been at odds with
yours, going by the wording on the home page and my general impression was
That we were always targeting 'users' to use the software, whilst
encouraging developers to become a bit more involved and help
improve/maintain forrest.

I would agree though that this publishing framework should be targeted to a
more dev-like audience, those that don't mind getting their hands dirty a
bit. The likes of system admins , web developers (as opposed to designers)
or those that choose software for their (company's) particular needs, then
install for use are a good target, the actual 'users' of the software, those
that are the content creators should be going to the system admins for any
requirements and so is their problem.

How and who we end up targeting, should not sway from the goal of making
forrest an easier package to use as well as ease of development.

Just on a year a go, a Jira Issue was set up entitled 'Forrest Strategy and
direction' - seems appropriate to revisit that issue and see what ideas
there have been dealt with, what we still need to deal with and what we can
drop.

(Strange how a jira issue of Critical Priority is also unscheduled, just
seems a little odd to me)

Gav...