forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing plugin releases
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:58:29 GMT
On 7/26/06, Gav.... <brightoncomputers@brightontown.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

I consider any plugin that exists in our SVN to be a "forrest plugin"
regardless of how it got there, it now carries an apache license.

> Would there be a 'entire collection' packaged zip containing every released
> plugin?

I don't feel strongly about this either way but probably not because
it would create a versioning nightmare I think.  One would never know
which version of the various plugins they are getting, etc.

> > o) Improved versioning - externally identifiable.  So that users might
> > be able to uninstall v0.3 of a plugin and reinstall 0.2 of a plugin.
> > I'm talking about manually not automagically.
>
> I agree, would the externally identifiable mean a naming convention to
> include the version number and compatible forrest version number?

Just the plugin version I think - let docs handle the rest.

--tim