forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing plugin releases
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:41:00 GMT
> Tim Williams (JIRA) wrote:
> > Discussed here to:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=115257903800001&r=1&w=4
> >
> > I still agree with what I proposed in that mail.  I actually like Ross' suggestion
too but only if we move towards better packaging/managing/releasing of plugins.

> What do you think is needed?

o) Independent/PMC managed releases
o) Improved versioning - externally identifiable.  So that users might
be able to uninstall v0.3 of a plugin and reinstall 0.2 of a plugin.
I'm talking about manually not automagically.
o) Combined with the above, improved manually downloading of plugins.

I reckon that's it.  Just to fill that gaps that will be left by not
shipping them with the binary basically.
--tim