forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <>
Subject content of release [was: Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release]
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:49:07 GMT
> It adds more fat to our release download. I suppose
> that is why it was added to the roadmap.

I don't remember if this was ever addressed or not but I recall one of
the "issues" with forrest that came up with some of our users was the
"largeness" of the download.  To ease some of that, what are thoughts
on removing (from the release):

- /etc (100K)
- /main/java (140K)
- /site-author  (2.89M)
- /tools/forrestbot (865K)
- /tools/eclipse (431K)
- /tools/logos (2M) (don't know what these do, so just a guess here)

Some are to get rid of some release weight and others are to avoid
some confusion (e.g. why are you shipping .java files with a release).

View raw message