forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new committer and PMC member: Gavin McDonald
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:08:47 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> A very warm welcome to Gavin.

Welcome Gavin,

Now you can apply some of those patches you have in our patch queue.

Please remember that we operate a commit then review policy. This means
that other devs will continue to monitor your work and will flag up any
potential problems we spot.

Sometimes this may mean reverting a commit. This is never a comment on
your work, only a method of ensuring the quality of our commits. It is
difficult for a single person to know all the ins-and-outs of our code
base, therefore we have many eyes monitoring changes.

See recent commits by Thorsten and myself for examples such monitoring
and flagging of concerns by other devs.

Please also be aware that you are now jointly responsible for reviewing
other peoples commits and reviewing patches in Jira. Please be sure to
speak up if you see something wrong with any of our work.

Actually this applies to all people on this list - you can monitor svn
commits by subscribing to our SVN commit mail list [1].

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html#Lists