forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugin descriptor (was Re: Doco)
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:34:50 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 19-07-2006 a las 15:16 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
>
>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>>No, you just need to add it, but this is quite annoying.
>>>
>>>I have a plugin that I need to add now each time I want to deploy and
>>>revert the whiteboard-plugins.xml afterward.
>>
>>"If you have a collection of local plugins you would like Forrest to use
>>then you need to add the directory to this property. For example:
>>project.required.plugins.src=${forrest.home}/plugins,${forrest.home}/whiteboard/plugins,/export/forrest_plugins"
>>

> Thanks Ross, but that is not working. This plugin is in the directory
> (so is the lenya plugin).
>
> The problem lies in the descriptor, if a plugin is not in the descriptor
> then forrest will fail, regardless whether you keep the source in e.g.
> the whiteboard or have deployed it locally.

Just create a separated descriptor file and point at it using the
forrest.plugins.descriptors property (don't forget to add the files to
svn:ignore)

Personally I find it much better to have plugins that are not part of
our SVN in a separate directory, but if you prefer to have them all
together then the above should work.

Ross

Ross