forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [[use of a xconf variable]
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:51:37 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 08/06/2006 16:20 Ross Gardler a écrit :

> Ok, that's what I have done.
> Now, here is the use of the two new properties in the internal.xmap :
> <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" mime-type="text/html"
>       name="xhtml" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2"
>       src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
> *       <doctype-public>{project:doctype-public}</doctype-public>
>       <doctype-system>{project:doctype-system}
>         </doctype-system>
> *       <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>       <indent>yes</indent>
>       <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
>     </map:serializer>
> And here is the generated html :
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "{project:dispatcher.doctype-public}"
> "{project:dispatcher:doctype-system}">
>

> What's wrong ?
> Any idea ?

I missed the fact you were trying to configure a component with a
property. Unfortunately you can't. The prooperties module is loaded
during initialisation, i.e. at the same tie as the initialisation of all
the components. Therefore the property value is not available at that time.

Is it possible to configure the serializer params in the match (you'll
need to check the Cocoon docs)? If so it will work there.

It's worth checking with the Cocoon folk wheter there is a way to use
sitemap params in the initialisation of components, but I don't think
there is (Bertrand had a similar problem recently with his i18n
improvements to Forrest).

Ross

Ross