forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plugins with some excluded licenses
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:38:06 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

> Can i please get clarification about the outcome.
> The proposed solution evolved to the following:
> We have bridge code as AL2 in our SVN, all discussion
> and development can happen our asf mailing list.
> The optional "binary" is not the concern of the
> Forrest project.
>
> Ross is that how you see it?

Yes.

Optional binaries can be distributed from the Sourceforge project.

That project may chose to distribute binaries of custom Forrest builds
as well. That is builds in which the LGPL stuff is not optional. This
means there may be some build files in the SF SVN repo. However, there
will be *no* Forrest code there.

Anyone voted in as a committer to Forrest can get committership to the
SF project just by asking.

The SF project will not accept any plugin code (other than binaries)
unless the Forrest project has voted *against* its inclusion in Forrest SVN.

Ross