forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plugins with some excluded licenses
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 09:24:20 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> As an individual, as a PMC member, and as the PMC chair,
> i am concerned that our project is small and might not
> cope with a split in its community.

I understand that, and I have the same concerns, that is why I have
raised it here before actually doing anything. However, as well as being
an Apache Forrest PMC member I am an independent developer. I have to
satisfy my customers needs as well as those of the ASF. Since I cannot
do all of the work I need to do under the ASL I need to find a way
around it with minimal impact on the Forrest community.

The alternative is to not release the work as Open Source. This is the
third plugin I have built that falls into this category, all three have
been requested by our users. I think finding a way of allowing these
plugins to exist as Open Source is going to strengthen the community,
not split it.

So lets keep working at it...

> I will ask for Cliff's advice.

Thanks for doing that. I'll be following the thread.

Ross