forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Publish site from site-author (was : RE: svn commit:r426852...)
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:52:06 GMT

<snip>

>... do we need to deploy the whole site every time a small change like
> this
> > Is made, or will it happen eventually anyway?
>
> No, only someone is building and deploying the site.

Ok, but it does not matter that any changes someone does make are not
Deployed before someone else makes changes, as long as the changed files
Are committed in site-author?

> > I am trying the deploy again for practice and to ensure my config is
> working
> >
> > - it isn't, the first time I used forrestbot to deploy it seemed ok from
> my
> > End but never occurred at the other - the commit never came through.
>
> That is weird.
>
> Please do a
>
> svn up on $FORREST_HOME
>
> I did some changes to the skins that you need to deploy the page.

Done that thanks, changes are good, well spotted on them too.

> Further make sure you have followed
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#pdf_images. If you have
> read the lenya website update document carefully you already did. If you
> do not the PDF have no images.

Done yes, thanks.

> > I tried again a second time to update the site from my above minor
> change
> > And now I get errors :-
> >
> > \forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin\print.css has
> > inconsistent new lines.
> >
> > ... which it has, I check and get the ^M at the end of each and every
> line.
>
> This can be ignored.

Can it, I thought this eol:native was supposed to cure that, besides which
I have not touched print.css so there should not be any - and having checked
There are none in the pelt skin version of the file.

> > Also, I get complaints of svn: warning: 'blah blah' is already under
> version
> > control. I get about 30 of these complaints.
>
> That are the changes that you made. The bot does svn add on all changed
> files even if theri have M.

Not in this case, 30 odd files it talks about that I have not touched either
For a while or even ever on some.

> > Have I missed a step somewhere. I did svn up and all that before I
> committed
> > The change.
>
> No, I assume an svn error on the end with a message what failed. What
> does the log say?

The error message was as described above, here is the output:-

D:\Apache2\Forrest\tools\forrestbot\core\deploy.xml:195:
com.alternatecomputing.
jsvn.command.CommandException: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: File
'D:\Apache2\forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin\prin
t.css' has inconsistent newlines
svn: Inconsistent line ending style

So, apart from the complaints of some files aready being under version
Control, the main reason for failing is this line endings of print.css.

> My shot in the dark would be something related to the svn credentials.

Meaning ?

> ...what gives
> svn st forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs

Just lists about 30 modified files - I only touched one since my
Initial https fresh checkout of trunk. (who.xml)

> > This is all from following
> > http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/How_to_publish_docs.html
> >
> > Gav...
>
> Hmm, it is working for a charm for me.

Ok, I might do a svn cleanup and try again.
If not, no harm at this stage of deleting the lot
And re-downloading it all again. Would this have any
Implications for my account ?

Thanks for your help so far, cheers.

Gav...