forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Managing plugin releases
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:31:54 GMT

Me too.

I actually like
> Ross' suggestion too but only if we move towards better
> packaging/managing/releasing of plugins.

Me too.

> > What do you think is needed?
>
> o) Independent/PMC managed releases

Separating forrest collective written plugins from contributed plugins?

Would there be a 'entire collection' packaged zip containing every released
plugin?

> o) Improved versioning - externally identifiable.  So that users might
> be able to uninstall v0.3 of a plugin and reinstall 0.2 of a plugin.
> I'm talking about manually not automagically.

I agree, would the externally identifiable mean a naming convention to
include the version number and compatible forrest version number?

> o) Combined with the above, improved manually downloading of plugins.

Agree again, perhaps having them prettied up on the main site as downloads
Rather than from a directory index.

Gav...