forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r424855 [1/3] - in /forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo: ./ resources/stylesheets/ src/documentation/content/ src/documentation/content/svn-log/ src/documentation/content/xdocs/
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 03:36:13 GMT
> Author: thorsten
> Date: Sun Jul 23 16:26:19 2006
> New Revision: 424855

> Log:
> Adding support for svn log files to the project plugin. This work is based on the
> svn support which we have over in Lenya. The biggest problem with the lenya way was
> till now that we had one big log file that included 4 years of commits and building
> the file took more then 30 min. To overcome this problem I extended the project plugin
> with svn log processing which gives handy ways of creating smaller files and have a
> per month view of the svn changes.

I hope that this is being kind to the SVN server.
Not yet looked at the code but the following command
run on the root of a project's svn as the default shows
could cause undue load.

-David

+      <p>We implemented as well a small svn cli output to generate log files

+        per month <a href="log.svn-sh.xml">log.svn-sh.xml</a>. The defaut url
is set to
+        <code>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest</code> and you can change
it
+        by setting <code>project.svn.url</code> in your project

+        locationmap.</p>