forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How get pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/index.html generated?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:31:36 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley escribi??:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > >
> > > I did a grep on forrest and the only places I can find the first string
> > > is in the build. That makes me wonder how the page get generated and how
> > > I can get it to take the above change.
> > >
> > > TIA for any information.
> >
> > It is generated with the docs in "site-author".
> >
> > Some notes, but not yet complete, are at ...
> > http://forrest.apache.org/roles.html#documentation-coordinator
> > cat etc/publishing_our_site.txt
>
> That is actually what I did (besides the deploy part).
> cd site-author
> forrest -f publish.xml build

Ah, so all is well. It would be fantastic if you
can make another change and then try the "deploy" step.
Some of our other committers are reporting problems
and we cannot afford such holdups.

> Doing svn st on /home/thorsten/src/apache/forrest/trunk/site-author does not show any
local changes.

Yes, because the source changes were only in ../whiteboard/whiteboard-plugins.xml
As you discovered the generated docs are in build/forrest-docs
which is the name given to it in the forrestbot descriptor publish.xml

Here is a trick for reviewing changes that forrestbot
is ready to deploy ...
forrest -f publish.xml build
svn update work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs
diff -rq build/forrest-docs work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs | grep -v "\.svn"

-David