forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review list of scheduled issues for 0.8 release
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:05:27 GMT
I can't believe that two months have flown by since last time
we tried to narrow down the list of issues.

We are down from 47 to 37 issues for filter FOR-roadmap-dev.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310820
Last time we just reviewed the Blocker and Critical issues.
This time lets try all 37.

I have added some comments below to explain the status of each.

I tried to identify some that can be moved over to 0.9-dev.
Lazy consensus applies - i will move those over soon. Please
identify others.

------------------------
FOR-868     add relevant notes to the "Upgrading" xdoc

Needs to wait for FOR-865.

------------------------
FOR-865     Add missing entries to status.xml to generate the changes list

I have recently waded through the past commits and added
many missing entries. Next it needs to tune it to move some
entries into the plugins documentation. Also need to set the
importance attribute for some.

------------------------
FOR-855     verify the license situation prior to each release

Recently i added license headers for all source files
and will do this again closer to the release.

------------------------
FOR-533     Auto Generate plugins.xml entry

Last time Ross said:
> This should stay in 0.8, it's a fairly minor job, I've done most of the
> preparatory work (I think).

------------------------
FOR-639     define terminology for the various aspects of Dispatcher

A doc has been started by Gavin. We need more content.

------------------------
FOR-735     Plugins are not correctly deployed in webapp mode

Investigate.

------------------------
FOR-711     Cache results from the Locationmap

Last time Ross said:
> OK to go into 0.9, but we will need a FAQ entry explaining how to turn
> caching off for development since with it on we are forced to reboot
> Forrest each time the LM is changed. Tim mentioned in the archives how
> to turn it off.

------------------------
FOR-742     trouble accessing unversioned plugin for a released version of Forrest, e.g. projectInfo

Test.

------------------------
FOR-241     character entities (e.g. ampersand) are expanded again for href or src attributes

????

------------------------
FOR-210     whole-site html and pdf: broken link faq, broken image links

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-211     whole-site html and pdf: broken ext links

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-200     Locationmap for Forrest and Users

This must be getting close. Investigate.

------------------------
FOR-546     Sitemap reference doc should be updated to reflect plugin architecture

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-560     Remove duplicate jars from eclipse plugins

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-644     code-style cleanup for xml files

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-666     clarify the sitemap matches etc. in FAQ about non-skinned html

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-726     use locationmap in all of the plugins

This must be getting close. Investigate.

------------------------
FOR-721     entries without labels in site.xml are now being crawled and generated

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-677     leading slash in gathered URIs causes double the number of links to be processed

Document workaround as FAQ.

------------------------
FOR-765     forrest war gets NoSuchMethodError for some core transformer

Investigate.

------------------------
FOR-772     INvalid HTML as source causes unexpected behaviour

Document as FAQ.

------------------------
FOR-776     rationalise the pluginTemplate and current plugins to have minimal configuration
files, etc.

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-209     First level selected tab is not highlighted when containing 2nd level tabs

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-705     Target of LocationMap rewriteDemo causes build failure when target not available

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-785     plugins/*/skinconf.xml does not validate since using entity to ease management

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-901     Review the note on the home page about first forrest run and retrieving plugins
from network

Do.

------------------------
FOR-203     2nd level tabs are not selected appropriately

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-699     Beginner HowTos for installing Forrest

Delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-889     Use by Ant of newer catalog entity resolver failing for Windows

Reported to xml-commons-dev but that is a very quiet list.
It might be an Ant issue. Someone on Windows needs to investigate
Ant-1.6.5 branch for the xmlvalidate/xmlcatalog task's interaction
with entity resolver.

Otherwise delay until 0.9-dev.

------------------------
FOR-537     Plugin documentation sitemap references

Investigate.

------------------------
FOR-671     Layering error of HTML headings breaks rest of the page w/o warning

Document as FAQ.

------------------------
FOR-731     empty linkmap.html document, side-effect of workaround to FOR-675

Investigate.

------------------------
FOR-767     Forrestbot webapp reports succesful even when there are broken links

Investigate.

FOR-861     Update locationmap docs for working with remote files

Do.

FOR-635     images not reproduced in PDFs, if sources are in xdocs/images directory

Investigate.

FOR-488     Remove Zip Java components from Forrest

Delay until 0.9-dev.