forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject RE: Publish site from site-author (was : RE: svn commit:r426852...)
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:21:47 GMT
El lun, 31-07-2006 a las 20:52 +0800, Gav.... escribió:

> [...]

Not sure whether I understood correctly. ;) Assuming you have committed
your changes to site-author.

a) if I do an update (what we always have to) before I deploy my
changes, then yes your changes will be deployed as well.
b) if I forget to update (what can happen), then no I will not deploy
your changes.

...I have seen it in different projects that people commit to the source
of the documentation and do not deploy to "site". The problem is that in
some projects only one or two actually ever have done a commit to site
but projects should not depend on one or two.

> > > I am trying the deploy again for practice and to ensure my config is
> > working
> > >
> > > - it isn't, the first time I used forrestbot to deploy it seemed ok from
> > my
> > > End but never occurred at the other - the commit never came through.
> >
> > That is weird.
> >
> > Please do a
> >
> > svn up on $FORREST_HOME
> >
> > I did some changes to the skins that you need to deploy the page.
>
> Done that thanks, changes are good, well spotted on them too.

jeje, yeah, a forgotten update will cause a *lot* of unreleated changes.
I talk from experience. ;)

> > Further make sure you have followed
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#pdf_images. If you have
> > read the lenya website update document carefully you already did. If you
> > do not the PDF have no images.
>
> Done yes, thanks.

good.

> > > I tried again a second time to update the site from my above minor
> > change
> > > And now I get errors :-
> > >
> > > \forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin\print.css has
> > > inconsistent new lines.
> > >
> > > ... which it has, I check and get the ^M at the end of each and every
> > line.
> >
> > This can be ignored.
>
> Can it, I thought this eol:native was supposed to cure that, besides which
> I have not touched print.css so there should not be any - and having checked
> There are none in the pelt skin version of the file.

I cannot recall the issue but the *.css is the windows vs. linux deploy
issue I think.

I found
http://www.svnforum.org/2017/viewtopic.php?p=665&sid=90844d341821ac7198182af4c9ec4550
but that is not a nice solution and further should not be.
http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/dev/2006-June/011549.html see as well
more answers in the thread.

The real question is why does your deploy has produced "inconsistent new
lines"?

> > > Also, I get complaints of svn: warning: 'blah blah' is already under
> > version
> > > control. I get about 30 of these complaints.
> >
> > That are the changes that you made. The bot does svn add on all changed
> > files even if theri have M.
>
> Not in this case, 30 odd files it talks about that I have not touched either
> For a while or even ever on some.

I have seen this as well, especially when there have been a linux -
windows (or vice versa) deployment. We have an issue but I cannot search
the number ATM.

> > > Have I missed a step somewhere. I did svn up and all that before I
> > committed
> > > The change.
> >
> > No, I assume an svn error on the end with a message what failed. What
> > does the log say?
>
> The error message was as described above, here is the output:-
>

> D:\Apache2\Forrest\tools\forrestbot\core\deploy.xml:195:
> com.alternatecomputing.
> jsvn.command.CommandException: svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: File
> 'D:\Apache2\forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin\prin
> t.css' has inconsistent newlines
> svn: Inconsistent line ending style
>
> So, apart from the complaints of some files aready being under version
> Control, the main reason for failing is this line endings of print.css.

Hmmm, weird.

Please, do
svn diff
D:\Apache2\forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\skin
\print.css
and post the diff.

> > My shot in the dark would be something related to the svn credentials.
>
> Meaning ?

Nupp, it was wrong.

> > ...what gives
> > svn st forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs
>
> Just lists about 30 modified files - I only touched one since my
> Initial https fresh checkout of trunk. (who.xml)

In such cases I would do the trip described in lenya and only commit the
who.* files to /forrest/site.

> > > This is all from following
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/How_to_publish_docs.html
> > >
> > > Gav...
> >
> > Hmm, it is working for a charm for me.
>
> Ok, I might do a svn cleanup and try again.

Yeah do a svn cleanup on site-author and D:\Apache2\forrest\site-author
\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs. After the cleanup you should be able to
commit the who.* from there. Like
svn ci -m "MyMessage" forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs
\who.html forrest\site-author\work\svn-deploy\forrest-docs\who.pdf

> If not, no harm at this stage of deleting the lot
> And re-downloading it all again. Would this have any
> Implications for my account ?

The server account does not get influenced if you delete
forrest. ...but, not sure what you mean.

I have a couple of different forrest/trunk versions on my PC's. I prefer
to add then delete (you never know). ;)

> Thanks for your help so far, cheers.

If we get you to deploy the site once in while then the project is
getting stronger.

You are very welcome.

We are all here to learn and help each other, or?

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain