forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject new committer and PMC member: Gavin McDonald
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:57:21 GMT
The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest
has asked Gavin McDonald to become a committer and
member of the PMC, and we are pleased to announce that
he has accepted.

Gavin has been around our community for some time. He has been gradually
immersing himself in our community, striving to understand important
parts of Forrest, giving excellent user perspective feedback and
thorough testing. He is becoming increasingly involved with developer
tasks, in particular he has started to help manage JIRA, and admin task
that is overlooked by most committers.

Furthermore, he is happy to become involved in "sticky" threads, trying
to find a sensible compromise to any given situation.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
project since there is no need to go via the patch
submission process. This should enable better productivity.
Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
and to guide the direction of the project.

A very warm welcome to Gavin.

salu2
--
thorsten