forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r424855 [1/3] - in /forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo: ./ resources/stylesheets/ src/documentation/content/ src/documentation/content/svn-log/ src/documentation/content/xdocs/
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:44:15 GMT
El mar, 25-07-2006 a las 18:11 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > David Crossley escribi??:

> > > I hope that this is being kind to the SVN server.
> > > Not yet looked at the code but the following command
> > > run on the root of a project's svn as the default shows
> > > could cause undue load.
> > >
> > > +      <p>We implemented as well a small svn cli output to generate log
files
> > > +        per month <a href="log.svn-sh.xml">log.svn-sh.xml</a>.
The defaut url is set to
> > > +        <code>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest</code> and
you can change it
> > > +        by setting <code>project.svn.url</code> in your project
> > > +        locationmap.</p>
> >
> > If you look at the code and the provided examples your concerns get
> > vanished.
>
> You say above that the "default' is the root of the
> forrest repository. So the default would get the
> whole log history for all of forrest trunk, all of every
> old branch, all of forrest site, etc.

No, didn't you read my mail? That is not true!

> Please use a more sensible default.

Why? See above your observation are not correct.

El lun, 24-07-2006 a las 11:27 +0200, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> (actually there is never direct communication between the svn server
> and
> the plugin).

There is *no* communication between svn and the server, but if you think
there should be a more sensible default then please set it (IMO the
current one is good as gold).

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler