forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Plugin descriptor (was Re: Doco)
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:22:54 GMT
El mié, 19-07-2006 a las 15:16 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>$FORREST_HOME\whiteboard\plugins\whiteboard-plugins.xml
> >>
> >>If you do this locally, then i think you also need to use
> >>forrest.properties to point to the local descripter file instead of
> >>the website one - look in the forrest.properties for a reference to
> >>it.
> >

> > No, you just need to add it, but this is quite annoying.
> >
> > I have a plugin that I need to add now each time I want to deploy and
> > revert the whiteboard-plugins.xml afterward.
>
> "If you have a collection of local plugins you would like Forrest to use
> then you need to add the directory to this property. For example:
> project.required.plugins.src=${forrest.home}/plugins,${forrest.home}/whiteboard/plugins,/export/forrest_plugins"

Thanks Ross, but that is not working. This plugin is in the directory
(so is the lenya plugin).

The problem lies in the descriptor, if a plugin is not in the descriptor
then forrest will fail, regardless whether you keep the source in e.g.
the whiteboard or have deployed it locally.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain