forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r418639 - /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/internal.xmap
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:08:23 GMT
El dom, 02-07-2006 a las 19:32 -0400, Tim Williams escribió:
> On 7/2/06, <> wrote:
> > Author: thorsten
> > Date: Sun Jul  2 12:24:20 2006
> > New Revision: 418639

> > Log:
> > Tiles should be imported and then processed.
> > That allows to use jx:var in the tiles that are based on the
> > parent jx:template.
> >
> > Modified:
> I hate to out myself as the moron of the group, but...   I obviously
> haven't been following all of the dispatcher dev as well as I probably
> should be but I haven't seen this mention of "tiles" before now.

That is in the dispatcher since the first prototype "views".

> I've
> either [and quite possibly] missed something really big (e.g.
> integration of "Tiles"] or there's a confusing naming collision going
> on here.

Not sure about collision since a tile is a code snippet but no we have
not integrated Tiles known from Struts.

A tile is a repeating subsets of contracts/hooks that can be reused in
different structurer definitions. Have a look at
there you find:
<!--  You can group elements to a template and call it from any view.
<forrest:hook name="export-link">
  <forrest:contract name="content-xml-link"/>
  <forrest:contract name="content-pdf-link"/>
 can be called as  <jx:import uri="cocoon://prepare.tiles.export-link"/>
 when saved as
<forrest:call-template name="export-link"/> is *not* working anymore!!!

and in
is the template.

> So which is it?

Maybe we should rename it, do you have a suggestion?

some links around the topic:

Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain