forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WM2006 - New internal format for the dispatcher
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:45:57 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> So these "internal" formats act essentially like input plugins except
> the output isn't necessarily an xdoc?  Either way, I don't see how
> modularizing content could be a bad thing, go for it.

I did not respond to Thorsten post because, to put it simply, I did not
understand it. I read it to mean the same as Tim outlines above, but
figured this can't be the case since Thorsten had argued against
different internal formats in the past, since it goes against the grain
of what Forrest is intended to do.

(interesting that this has overlapped with my proposal of using FO as an
alternative internal format, maybe the reasoning is similar, I just
don't see it yet.)

So, is Tims interpretation correct, if so, why do we now need to support
different internal formats? If there is such a need, why only in Dispatcher?

Is this a sign that dispatcher actually has a whole different set of
objectives to Forrest?

Ross