forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <brian.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSCommerce input plugin
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:16:40 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Brian M Dube wrote:
>> Due to the approaching deadline for this project, I'm going to proceed
>> with the code in place.
>
> When is your deadline and exactly what do you need Forrest to output by
> that date? Unless you are a long way down the road with your scraping
> code I would suggest that using the plugin woud be faster for you as it
> only involves writing stylesheets to provide the required output format.
> Well, that's not wuite true, there is some Java code that needs writing
> too, but the framework is in place so the code needed is pretty much
> "standard fare", such as creating the XML representatin of each bean as
> a string.

We leave for an extended business trip 18 July. The powers that be would
like to see the catalog done before we leave.

I'm sorry I failed to mention that I'm now using
whiteboard/org.apache.forrest.plugin.Database to generate the data.
Thank you for pointing out that it is possible, and better, to access
the back end directly.

> I can't put the code in our SVN as it uses Hibernate which is LGPL. I
> can make it available in a private repository, and move it into a
> plugins project on sourceforge when it is set up.

I get an error running the Hibernate example, java.sql.SQLException:
Duplicate entry. That sounds like an issue with the test data, so I
think the installation is fine. I haven't yet grasped how to add it into
the mix.

Brian