forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: future of Forrest Friday get togethers
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:37:51 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Gav.... wrote:

>>>I don't see why not.
>>
>>Using myself as an example:
>>
>>I cannot attend on *any* Friday morning (GMT) with 100% focus, Friday
>>afternoons are difficult and I refuse to work into a Friday evening
>>(family time).
>>
>>Therefore, I am excluded from much of Forrest Friday.  Others are in a
>>similar posisiton.
>

> We had a couple of discussions about what day and
> start time. I know Ross didn't prefer Friday, but the
> consensus was that Friday going into Saturday was best.
> So other people should have spoken up if the schedule
> didn't suit.
>
> Perhaps we should have revisited the timing discussion
> more often.

My comments were only intended as enforcement of the point that any
fixed time communication will be difficult for someone.

We did discuss and Friday was more convenient for most people.
Personally, I do not want to start that particular discussion again
unless *other* peoples feelings have changed.

In other words, I'm not complaining, only illustrating.

Ross