forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: future of Forrest Friday get togethers
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:24:23 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>    I really like the idea of shorter session on specific points (some
> FOR to be resolved for instance).

It is worth noting that my suggestion was based on a discussion I had
with Paul (at least I think it was Paul) in the second or third Forrest
Friday. He works with IRC as a regular part of his paid Job and
encouraged us to have a tighter focus.

> (Maybe we will have time problems - I
> mean between Europe and Australia :-P  ?)

Yes, that is my biggest concern. We also need to remember that we have
people in the US time zones as well.

At present we have a free-for-all with respect to time. So in order to
ensure one is online when something important is being discussed one has
to be present for 24 hours - not good. At least with the shorter
sessions one can be present or can veto the discussion. This should
limit exclusions from the sessions due to time differences to external
commitments.

>    Maybe we may have 2 sessions per month because with this approach, we
> certainly are not going to participate to each.

Yes, that is a possibility, should this prove popular/successful.

Ross