forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: future of Forrest Friday get togethers
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:24:23 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>    I really like the idea of shorter session on specific points (some
> FOR to be resolved for instance).

It is worth noting that my suggestion was based on a discussion I had
with Paul (at least I think it was Paul) in the second or third Forrest
Friday. He works with IRC as a regular part of his paid Job and
encouraged us to have a tighter focus.

> (Maybe we will have time problems - I
> mean between Europe and Australia :-P  ?)

Yes, that is my biggest concern. We also need to remember that we have
people in the US time zones as well.

At present we have a free-for-all with respect to time. So in order to
ensure one is online when something important is being discussed one has
to be present for 24 hours - not good. At least with the shorter
sessions one can be present or can veto the discussion. This should
limit exclusions from the sessions due to time differences to external

>    Maybe we may have 2 sessions per month because with this approach, we
> certainly are not going to participate to each.

Yes, that is a possibility, should this prove popular/successful.

View raw message