forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rename Project Tab
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:56:50 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> What do others think?

I'm still +1 for Development for all the reasons given by David. The key
one being: 'we are all "developers"'

We, as a community, should work to communicate this at every
opportunity. One way would be to use the "developer" term for all
"development tasks", including the ones listed by Ferdinand as
"non-development" tasks, i.e."tasks like documentation, project
management etc."

In Forrest, and open source in general, these are all development tasks
and anyone who takes on such a task is the same as those who dive into
the code. We need more people who dive into the code, if they start on
non-code tasks first, that is fine - they are still "developers".

At the end of the day it is just a word - the value of this discussion
is the desire to remove the "us and them" concerns David identified.

Ross