forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r412368 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/usingPlugins.xml
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:23:27 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>> le 07/06/2006 13:23 rgardler@apache.org a écrit :

>> Ok, You have totally removed the previous text, but I think
>> information were useful - declaration of the location of the new copy,
>> share between several projects, order of the declaration.
>> Can't we merge both versions ?
>
> You beat me to it. I was going to mail on this subject...
>
> When I came to do the merge I thought better of it. The main problem I
> have is with the fact that copying a plugin, as you suggested, results
> in a conflict of plugin names. This is in contradiction of the naming
> convention which requires a world unique name.
>
> I tried to think of a use case where such a forking would be necessary.
> I couldn't think of any. Either the use case is sufficiently different
> that it warrants a new plugin. Or it is sufficiently similar that it
> should be added to the existing plugin.

I recently used the photo-gallery plugin.
I had support PNG (sufficiently similar to be added to the plugin).
I also changed the appearance of the filename "buttons":
  they were generated with svg and our long filenames didn't fit.
  This is a matter of taste ...
  How would I adapt this?
  It's not sufficiently different and yet a "matter of taste" how to
  display the file name (I know your answer: make it configurable ;-)

Johannes

--
User Interface Design GmbH
Teinacher Str. 38, 71634 Ludwigsburg

Geschäftsstellen:
Teinacher Str. 38,    71634 Ludwigsburg
Truderinger Str. 330, 81825 München
Friedrichsring 46,    68161 Mannheim

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de