forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Announcing new committers via status.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:13:25 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Should we add a new context to status.xml for projectAdmin? This would
> include things like new committer announcements, changes to project
> guidelines etc.

We already have an "admin" context in site-author/status.xml
Not sure what it is used for so far.

> I'm thinking specifically of the items that normally go into the board
> report.
>
> We can then create a new rendering in the projectInfo plugin to create
> the Board reports for the PMC Chair each time it is due. Should allow
> the committers and chair to manage the board report as we go along and
> thus save a little time when the deadline looms.

The board report is really about the health of the
community. It is the responsibility of the chair alone.

No need for a special rendering. I could just glean some info
from the "admin" context in the changes.html output.

Remembering to add stuff to status.xml as we go is the trick.

-David