forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher and linking to image resources (Was: ForrestBot build for forrest-sample-2 FAILED)
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:23:55 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> David Crossley escribi??:
> > >
> > > We (I think Ross mainly did it) updated the xmap and extracted the
> > > matches to lm recently. The dispatcher resources.xmap did not got
> > > adopted after this changes.
> >
> > I meant that if someone is investigating the issue,
> > then please work from the main copy.
> >
> > I have noticed a trend lately that when people are
> > helping to investigate core issues, they are considering
> > dispatcher only. We still have skins as default.
>
> I do not understand what you are trying to say.

I will try to be a bit more explicit without naming names.

I have noticed that when some people are helping to
investigate *core* issues, they have dispatcher enabled
rather than the default skins. Solutions should be
primarily tested with skins during this phase. Of course
it is good to test in both settings.

> Skins are in the core. The dispatcher is using some core stuff but as
> well overriding/extending core code.
>
> If we find a bug for skins and dispatcher and people provide a
> dispatcher specific solution then this may happen for a reason. Even if
> skins still is our default this will change in the next version and IMO
> we should not put too much effort into making a dead horse pretty.

Well i am striving to get a release out the door,
so i am talking about the situation "now".

-David