forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher and linking to image resources (Was: ForrestBot build for forrest-sample-2 FAILED)
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 07:59:43 GMT
Kevin wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Please focus on the stuff about FOR-635 over in the
> > other thread. This current thread is about a locationmap
> > or sitemap issue. It is not about the PDF generation.
> > It happens in 'forrest run' or 'forrest site' when
> > producing the html doc. It happens only in Dispatcher
> > which is why we are getting errors from forrestbot
> > for the dispatcher-enabled site, but not for the
> > default skins-based site.
>
> My earlier comment was probably confusing. One error is reported
> from forrestbot for the dispatcher site. But for a skins site
> it is not reported. However viewing the generated linking.html
> image examples 1,2,3,8 and SVG magic are not rendered for both
> dispatcher and skin enabled site.
>
> Images not being renderd does not appear to be dispatcher related
> as the thread title. It looks like just the examples with leading
> forward slash are not matched in sitemap/locationmap.

Please see the Note about the static site generation at the
bottom of the linking.html page:
"
You might wonder why the above images all show correctly in dynamic 'forrest run' mode, but
some appear to be broken during static docs generation 'forrest site' mode. The latter is
for generating a set of static docs for deployment to a server. If you used URLs beginning
with a slash, "/images/...", then that is their location. So the generated docs on the "forrest
zone" demos appear to be broken.
"

-David