forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: title attribute in css links
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:33:13 GMT
Thanks everyone for responding.  I had based my work
on reading the code (before there was documentation).
I didn't wade through the entire xslt sheet, so I was
a bit unclear as to how it all worked.

I did read the new documentation (forrest run, forrest
toolbar to point at ls.contracts).

It's probably still a little unclear that to
successfully use multiple stylesheets on the same page
you will have to use the theme attribute (as Cyriaque
pointed out).

* theme to define the title of the stylesheet, if
  several css parameter specify the same theme, then
  all these stylesheets will be used

So maybe this line in the excellent writeup:

# theme attribute indicates to the browser for which
theme this stylesheet should be used, letting you add
several css files corresponding to different themes of
the same page.

Could be expanded to say something like:

Multiple css files used for the same theme require
each <css/> line to have matching theme attributes.

Giving an example of this might also be useful.

Currently, leaving the theme attribute blank generates
a title attribute with the name of the file,  Maybe
reading project.theme=theme-name from
forrest.properties and using that as the title
attribute would be useful?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to thoughtfully
respond to this.

Mark

/mde/

http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html#common-branding-css-links