forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher and linking to image resources (Was: ForrestBot build for forrest-sample-2 FAILED)
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:13:36 GMT
El lun, 05-06-2006 a las 10:21 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > David Crossley escribi??:

> > > But the abovementioned link works fine as-is in 'forrest run' mode.
> >
> > Need to test that but I am on the run again.

> > > Is that wise when we are trying to crank out the release?
> >
> > I have not said that I want to split them for the release, I wanted to
> > say I will have a look at the issue. BTW Cyriaque wrote a thread about
> > cleaning up dispatcher locations for resources.
> >
> > > It works fine in html production now.
> >
> > ok,
>
> I meant that even before this whole discussion started,
> it worked properly in html production. Gav started to
> investigate a scheduled issue about pdf images which
> has been a long-standing problem. I built the sample
> to test image handling, which i presume should be the
> same for skins or dispatcher. Then we went off track.

Like I said your assumption is wrong. It is not working the same for the
dispatcher and skins.

> > did you fixed it with
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=411535&view=rev ?
> >
> > Thanks, very much!
>
> No, that was just a text tweak.
>
> I simply stopped the forrestbot from reporting the break
> by commenting out that particular demo in main/fresh-site/
> in an earlier commit.

So the issue is not solved.

> > > BTW, i see that the dispatcher copy of resources.xmap does not
> > > use the locationmap at all, whereas the main one does.
> >
> > We (I think Ross mainly did it) updated the xmap and extracted the
> > matches to lm recently. The dispatcher resources.xmap did not got
> > adopted after this changes.
>
> I meant that if someone is investigating the issue,
> then please work from the main copy.
>
> I have noticed a trend lately that when people are
> helping to investigate core issues, they are considering
> dispatcher only. We still have skins as default.

I do not understand what you are trying to say.

Skins are in the core. The dispatcher is using some core stuff but as
well overriding/extending core code.

If we find a bug for skins and dispatcher and people provide a
dispatcher specific solution then this may happen for a reason. Even if
skins still is our default this will change in the next version and IMO
we should not put too much effort into making a dead horse pretty.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain