forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODT - Graphics objects aren't created in subdirs
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 00:13:19 GMT
On Jun 7, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Web Maestro Clay wrote:
<snip..>
> Here's the pipeline:
>
> forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt/input.xmap
>
>     <!-- Image Pipeline -->
>     <map:pipeline internal="true">
>       <map:match pattern="openDocumentEmbeddedImage/zip-{1}.odt/
> file-**.*">
>         <map:read src="jar:file:///{lm:project.{1}!/{2}.{3}}" mime-
> type="image/{3}" />
>       </map:match>
>       <map:match pattern="**/openDocumentEmbeddedImage/zip-{1}.odt/
> file-**.*">
>         <map:read src="jar:file:///{lm:project.{1}/{2}!/{3}.{4}}"
> mime-type="image/{4}" />
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>
>
> Any ideas?
>
> BTW, originally, I'd hoped to place *all* image files in the path:
>
> /images/openDocumentEmbeddedImages/zip-[name-of-subdir]/[file-name]/
> *.*
>
> But I had problems getting it to work. The current solution works
> (at least for files in the root directory).

For my current project, I am also processing an OpenOffice.org sxi
(Impress) file in a docs/ subdirectory. The Forrest OpenOffice.org
plugin handles .sxi files pretty well, so I hadn't started looking
into what it'll take to add .odp support (although I suspect it
should be fairly straightforward). My thought was that once we
get .odt working, we'd look into supporting other formats.

Up until this current image-related issue, I've had pretty good
success using both odt & OOo plugins side-by-side. Unfortunately,
since I made the above change to input.xmap, my OOo .sxi
transformations suddenly lost their images. I suspect it's because
the above image pipeline has hi-jacked the OOo pipeline.

Web Maestro Clay
the.webmaestro@gmail.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet