forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Rename Project Tab (was: Re: Document restructuring - confused)
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:31:17 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

>> >Perhaps we should rename the Project tab to "Developers"
>> >and re-arrange some items on that tab and the Welcome tab.
>> >I am making some good progress locally. I will send a
>> >screenshot of my proposed layout.
>>
>> I agree with your proposal, even without seeing the screenshot.
>> "Project" is a very broad term, it is not clear who should go there or
>> what is under there. "Developers" is much better.

> Decided to just go ahead and do it. I don't see
> anything contentious anyway. Hopefully i have kept
> the intentions of Ferdinand with the Resources and
> Best Practices section of the Developers menu.

Sorry to be late with my comments, personal change stuff can be quite
a distracting issue and kept me away for a while (actually still does).

I can see the point about project being too general. But developers is
as general and it seems misleading since there are lots of docs for
people wanting to help with non-development tasks like documentation,
project management etc. here.

For me "Project" was OK because I always associated it with "info
about the project and work on the project".
But that may be my personal reading of it.

Perhaps it makes sense to call it something even more specific like
"Participation". I still like project though because there are also
docs on Forrest as a project, our goals etc.

--
Ferdinand Soethe